Tomorrow is our last day in Zurich, at least for the kids and I. Jason left for Germany this morning to meet our belongings (which will probably be the topic of a future blog), but the kids and I had to stay here to finish school and deal with the apartment hand over (which is a HUGE ordeal in Switzerland).
The last day of school was pretty emotional for us all, but we made it through. When I have the camera cord again (it's in Germany) I'll do a post with pics from today. But I thought I'd post a few of the pics I have from the town we have called home for the last 2 years.
This is the group at my going away lunch last week. I've been lucky to have met a bunch of great women here. Some are sure to be life-long friends, others I may lose touch with, but I am grateful to have met them all.
This is a picture of one of my favorite days paddle-boating on Lake Zurich

One Sunday morning as we were going to breakfast in the city, this cow was being "walked" around Paradeplatz. Apparently, it was having a training session...don't ask.
Here are Aidan's best buds at a friend's birthday party at a Waldhutte, like I tried to do. They had warmer, sunnier weather in April than we did in June!

One Sunday morning as we were going to breakfast in the city, this cow was being "walked" around Paradeplatz. Apparently, it was having a training session...don't ask.

A view of Lindenhof up above the Limmat River
You can't see it with a camera, but in person you can see snowcapped mountains in the distance. And, here is one of Aidan's beloved trams at Burkliplatz.
The towers of the FrauMunster and St. Paul's Cathedral (which has the biggest clock face in Europe)
The GrossMunster
A view of the Altstadt including FrauMunster and St. Paul's

I'm sure I've got loads more great pics, but these are just a few I've taken recently. I think a whole Snapfish book is in order someday!
I'm really going to miss this town but I'm also looking forward to our new adventures. I hope to come back someday because I think I'll feel about Zurich like I do about East Lansing...it will always feel a little bit like home.
(Translation of title: Goodbye Zurich! Until I see you again!)
No comments:
Post a Comment