Now, this is why Switzerland is crazy sometimes. I called the Gemeinde (city hall) to ask why it had not yet been cut and to make sure it would be mowed by the weekend. I was told that it was special "bio" grass. Huh? Organic, in other words. There are special regulations on cutting such grass. It cannot be cut before June 15th in any given year. AND, the grass must be dry for at least 4 days prior to mowing it. So, even though last week, we managed 4 days in a row dry, it was prior to June 15th. So, in answer to my question the grass would not be mowed for our party and as far as I can see with the weather, may not be mowed until June 15, 2011.
I could have dealt with cold or wet or long grass, but not all 3!!! So we ate the rent on the place and moved the party indoors to Trampolino. Trampolino is Jungle Java on serious steroids, and pretty much the only place open on a Sunday in Switzerland. Luckily, they were able to reserve party tables for our crowd (did I mention there were 20 boys?!?) and the boys had fun. The place was jammed with people because (did I already mention it was rainy and a Sunday?) so there was basically nothing else for kids to do in the country. No matter, the kids had fun, Jason and I survived, and Aidan was thrilled with his soccer cake and soccer and lego gifts.
Sweaty boys and Delainey singing to the birthday boy
No comments:
Post a Comment