Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sports Day 2010

Both kids had Sports Days last week. Delainey's was very cute, just in the garden at her tiny school. They did a few races, then they made the parents join in! She was the leader of the red team, and very proud of that! At the end of the events, she even got a badge that said "I did my best at Sports Day". Then, as is completely normal in her pre-school, we all went inside for a pot luck lunch and some Prosecco. Gotta love Switzerland!Getting her badge from the Assistant Principal

Running in a race

Proudly showing off her medal, with her penguin "Flower"


Aidan's Sports Day was cold and rainy. Fun times in the country where it has rained for 2 straight months. (no exaggeration!) Since the saying here goes "There is no bad weather in Switzerland, just bad clothing", the kids went out for 2 hours in 50 degree temps and rain. My not-so-bright-at-times child decided to forego the rain gear and sweatshirt I had packed him and went out in just a T-shirt and shorts. Needless to say, I was really glad I came to watch so I could force him to dress a bit more appropriately! He still refused the rain gear, but I did get him in a sweatshirt and hat. Can you believe I wasn't shocked when he complained of a sore throat the next morning??
Here's our super racer! He won the long jump!

Go Speed Racer!

No comments: