Thursday, June 10, 2010

The New Background

Tomorrow is the start of a big sporting event. A huge, sporting event that everyone in the world is excited about...except Americans. Who out there reading this knows what I'm talking about??

It's the World Cup! Soccer, football, Fussball...whatever you call it, it is MAD here. Aidan is in the thick of it collecting stickers of all the teams and players (a quite expensive habit, I must add-although bribing him with these stickers is making my life easier!). He lives and breathes it. He plays on 2 teams and only wants to wear his soccer jerseys and shorts. Restaurants and bars are adding TVs and making parties out of it. It's like the Superbowl for Americans but it lasts a month!

So, in order to support Team USA (considering we may be the only Americans who will) I changed my background. That and because the International Fest at school is Saturday so I have to get my patriotism on. Plus, I'm looking foward to coming back to the US next month! Just 5 weeks then we are there Just in time for the street fairs to begin! Yea!

No comments: