Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ugh.

I feel terrible. I am not earning my tour guide badge this week. Instead I am earning my nursing certificate.

We were so excited to hear that Denise, Juan Carlos, and Adrian were coming to visit this week. We had planned to do some sightseeing in Frankfurt and the surroundings. Juan Carlos and Adrian came down to Zurich (by train since GM took away our 7 passenger car sooner than they were supposed to!) and the kids and I were going to take them all around Zurich.

I thought I finally had the kids' illnesses under control. We visited the doctor yesterday, got newer better cough medicine, Lainey's antibiotic seems to be working, and Aidan only has (supposedly) a viral cold. Both kids slept through the night and were feverless since yesterday.

I had hoped that today we could take Juan and Adrian into the city for a walking tour. I knew we wouldn't stay in the city long, but I thought we could at least show them a few of the city sights. Not so much. As we walked down to the train this morning, Aidan threw up. Twice. Then, Lainey saw Aidan throwing up, so her gag reflex kicked in and she threw up a bit. Nice. Welcome to Zurich, Juan and Adrian!

So Juan and I brought the kids back to our apartment and I put the kids down on the couch and handed Juan a map of Zurich highlighted with things to see and a train ticket. At least Jason can take Juan out later tonight and I'll stay with the kids.

I feel terrible. They traveled all this way and haven't seen anything because of my sick kiddos. At least I know they understand now that they have kids, but seriously. Could the timing be any worse?? I just really hope that Adrian doesn't catch whatever it is my kids have. I've been sanitzing and Lysol spraying everywhere, but Adrian loves Aidan and Lainey and wants to follow them and do what they are doing. We can't really separate them. I hope Denise and Juan don't hate me after this week!

No comments: