Saturday, February 20, 2010

Ski Week 2010

Involved no skiing. Grr! I had really wanted to take advantage of our (most likely) last ski week in Switzerland but that didn't happen. First, Jason couldn't take time off (typical) so we couldn't plan a week at some fantastic ski resort like most of our friends. That's why we decided to at least go for a long weekend in Frankfurt (plus Denise, Juan, and Adrian were going to be there!). Jason arranged to work from there, because heaven forbid he takes a day off!

Previous blogs have already explained how that trip worked out. Basically, we spent nearly $1000 on a miserable trip only highlighted by getting to see the Fernandez's! That was worth it though (unless Adrian gets sick and Denise hates me now).

The rest of the week was just as low down on the suck-o-meter. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday was spent in doctors, doling out medicine, and throwing up. Now, it's Saturday and guess what we're doing? The kids and I are still not feeling 100% so we're parking ourselves on the couch for another day and Jason is, of course, working. At least he's less likely to get sick in the office!

So, I'm desperately hoping for a miraculous recovery by the 3 of us today and for Jason to not have to work tomorrow. Maybe, just maybe, we can manage to leave the house and do something fun tomorrow. Should I be so bold as to even hope for a half day of skiing tomorrow? Highly unlikely.

Grr! I so wish we had gotten interested in skiing last year! Now with our Swiss days counting down, there are still so many ski areas we want to visit before the winter is over. This week was supposed to knock at least 3 places off our list. Oh well. At least we have our trip to Murren with Missy to look forward to in March.

No comments: