Yesterday, it snowed a bit. Just big, fat flakes that melted pretty soon after hitting the ground.
This morning we woke up to at least 6 inches! I couldn't believe it. This is a cruel joke. When we moved here, we were told it rarely snows in Zurich, "nothing like what you're used to in Michigan". Well that's true, I'm not used to 6 inches of snow in October in Michigan. Frankly, it really ticked me off.
Then I talked to my Australian friend who was so excited by it. I had to hang up. I couldn't talk to someone who was happy about snow in October. She and our other friend didn't take their kids to school today because of the snow. Now, being from Michigan, I didn't even consider not going out. However, there are laws about needing snow tires here, and we don't have ours yet (that's tomorrow). If I had gotten into an accident I would've been in heaps of trouble, but seriously who thinks to deal with snow tires before Halloween?
We made it to school and around town without too much trouble. The crews had cleared the roads well by noon. I'm just hoping we don't get anymore between now and tomorrow night. How are the kids supposed to trunk or treat with a foot of snow in the parking lot????
Quest To Make It Through The Holidays
8 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment