Another GM family was nice enough to lend us their car so we could all drive together. It's 3 hours each way, and the idea of making that trip alone with the kids was more than Becky and I could stomach. So we set off early in the morning on the Autobahn with 4 super-excited kids. The first fun "ride" was driving 160km/hr to get there!
LegoLand is geared for younger kids and those obsessed with Legos, so a perfect fit for our kids! They had lots of rides, none too scary, and more Lego displays than you can imagine. I couldn't believe how realistic they could make things look out of Legos! Here are a ton of pics with captions since a picture is worth a thousand words:
This is a Lego version of Schloss Neuschwanstein!
I LOVED the signs here! This is obviously for the bathrooms!
This jousting ride was a HUGE hit with the kids. The horses rocked back and forth and went on a circular track. Even Joe, who's almost 9, loved it! They rode it 3 times!
Aidan, as a shark's lunch
The park was pretty empty, which made it great for us! Friday was the last day of school for most Swiss and German kids so there weren't even field trip groups there. The only bad thing about the day is that it was COLD! Seriously, who would expect to have to wear jeans, sweatshirts and jackets on July 10th? Also, it POURED for about 15 minutes during the day-just as Becky got on a ride with the boys. They were soaked to the skin when they got off and we spent an hour at the hand driers in the bathrooms trying to warm them all up and dry their clothes. By the time we left, at 7pm, it finally warmed up to about 60 degrees and was sunny. I'm not sure I believe in Global Warming!
No comments:
Post a Comment