Sunday, February 1, 2009

Girls' Night Out

Yesterday, I went out in the city with just the girls. I'm slowly but surely building up a good group of friends here. The newest addition is a new GM wife, Becky. She just moved here the beginning of January from the Detroit area. All in all, there were 7 of us who went out to dinner and to see Revolutionary Road. This was my first experience going to a movie in Zurich. It's quite different. You have to make reservations and get assigned a seat, like you would at a play in the States. The latest movie (even on the weekend) is 8:45pm. Plus, one ticket is 18chf! But, like at the Emagine, they sell beer wine and mixed drinks. Revolutionary Road was a downer though. Good acting, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone...way too depressing!

After the movie, we went to a few bars. One of the things that really irritates me here is that you can't find light beer. They have lots of different kinds, even American ones, but none are light. I don't really like regular beer, except for Guiness, but I don't want to always pay the crazy high prices for wine or (worse yet) mixed drinks. So, when we went to this one dive bar called Nelson's (think college bar scene, sticky floor, tiny dance area, etc) imagine my excitement when I found out they had Coors Light! It literally made my night! Now that I know this place has it, I know that you must be able to buy Coors Light somewhere else in Switzerland.

Now I have a new shopping mission! Me, Kirsten, Becky and Megan at Nelson's with our Coors Light
Sam, Jude, Becky, me, Kirsten, and Megan at the Australian bar/restaurant.

No comments: