Sunday, February 8, 2009

Fun in Germany with Friends

Yesterday, we drove up by Stuttgart, Germany to visit my friends Cassie and Marianne and their families. Their kids, Noah and Lydia, were in Gymboree with Aidan as babies. Cassie's family moved to Germany about 2 years ago, and this is the first time we got to visit them. We went to a fun, but cold, park with lots of climbers and a really fun zip line.
After the park, we went to a much warmer funzone. This place was awesome. Think Jungle Java on steroids. It had climbers like JJ, but also had tons of ride-on toys, a roller slide, and best of all, trampolines. The trampolines reminded me of the ones at the mini-golf course my grandpa used to take Becky and me to, only these were much safer :). What was really cool is how they also cater to parents. They had big lounge chairs, a few massage chairs, and since it's Europe, they served beer and wine along with coffee! We had a blast-adults included!

Crawling through a caterpillar.

The big climbing maze-much bigger than any I've seen before!

Fun on the trampoline.
After the Funzone, Cassie took all the kids back to her house and her husband, Brent, Marianne, Jason and I went out to dinner (Thanks, Cassie!) Here are some of the kids just before crashing...

It was a great day! Brent even took Jason and I grocery shopping (weird vacation activity, I know). We have heard how much cheaper things are in Germany than in Switzerland, and it is SO true! I bought 2 huge roasts, some chicken, and shrimp that would've cost quadruple what I paid in Switzerland! We stocked up on pop, wine, canned goods, you name it and it was much cheaper! I now see why people are willing to drive 45 mins across the border for food, especially meat. I think this will be a regular occurance for us now, too!

Here is a hilarious clip of Jason playing with the kids at Funzone...


No comments: