Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Basel Zoo

We explored Basel this weekend. Basel is a city on the border of France and Germany. Supposedly, there's a point where you can stand in all 3 countries at once, but we drove around for an hour looking with no luck. I did however get a big scratch on the car when I had to pull a quick u-turn at the French border. Great.

So, we decided to check out the Basel Zoo. It was a great zoo, lots of cool animals that were pretty close to us, so the kids could see them easily. They had a great time and the weather was perfect.
Our favorite animals, by far, were the monkeys. They had an amazing exhibit of monkeys of all sizes up to gorillas. They were behind glass, but interacted with the people. I love this picture of Lainey with one. It looks like she's right next to him, but there's actually glass separating them, don't worry! This monkey looked at us and made faces and "played" with us for around 10 minutes.


No comments: