Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

This is our third Thanksgiving out of the US, and it is a tough time to be away.  At least this year, our kids get the time off of school- I guess that's the benefit of  it being a more "American" school.  We were so happy to have Erin and her friend, Elisa, with us this year for Thanksgiving!  It is just not the same unless you have extended family and friends to celebrate with.

As usual, we had WAY too much food. I cooked for 2 straight days and it was a serious juggling act to get all the food into my E-Z Bake sized oven.  Our house is so ridiculous.  It is the biggest house with the tiniest Polly Pocket  sized kitchen.  Even my apartment in Switzerland was better equipped for cooking a big meal.  But, in the end, we had a full spread and it was yummy.  We'll have lots of leftovers for next week.

I'm kind of hoping to be home next year for Thanksgiving.  It's much easier having my mom cook the turkey, and Aunt Toni bake the pies, and I just have to do side dishes!  Plus, I like having lots of people for Thanksgiving.  We were 6 this year, which is pretty good, but we certainly missed the rest of our family!

Now, I'm counting my blessings and being thankful for my fantastic kids, my loving husband, my mom and aunt, all my friends -near and far-, our good health, and the opportunity to live in Europe for a while.  We are heading to Prague for a long weekend tomorrow, so I'm off to finish packing and go to sleep!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Christine. Enjoy Prague - it is wonderful!