Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Grr!

Now that I've finally decided on a school for the kids, I just found out today that they don't have space for Aidan! We may have to go to the other campus 30mins further away.

I had a half hour conversation with the admissions officer today in which I heavily hinted how I am such an involved parent and on the PA board and am willing to volunteer and how I wouldn't be able to do all this if the school is so far away. He was seemingly interested in how active a parent I am and once he found out I was a teacher, his first question was "would you be interested in subbing? How about working full-time?" Well, let's see...do you have a place for my kid??? I told him the principal at the school has already given me a substitute teaching application when we visited and he said, "well, I'm sure she's going to want your kids in her school".

At this point, I've played the "poor me" card, the "I can sympathize because I'm a teacher" card, the "I'm the volunteer of your dreams" card, the "my husband knows the CFO whose kids go to your school" card, and the "I'll be on your PA board"card. My hand is played. I've got nothing else. Now it's up to God and how desperate the school is for dedicated parents.

Keep your fingers crossed for us!

No comments: