Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I'm moving in to school

Do not expect any posts from me for a while. I'm moving into the school for the weekend. I'm finishing up my Halloween goody baking today. Yesterday included making chocolate-dipped eyeball cookies, candy corn cookies, and chocolate chip cookies. Today's assignment is skeleton cupcakes, and possibly chocolate pumpkins. (Sadly the orange Halloween shaped finger Jello won't be making it to school. I ate it. Too bad, they'll make do.)

At 2pm, I'm due to bake in Aidan's class, fruit muffins, I think. Then tomorrow I'm carving a giant pumpkin at 9am with Lainey's class then going back to school at 1 to carve 6 pumpkins with Aidan's class. Then, Friday is party day. 10:30am-Lainey's Halloween Performance and Parade followed by an in class apero. You have to love a school that promotes parents bringing Prosecco to a mid-morning class party (for the adults to drink of course!). Then 1:30pm is Aidan's party. In between parties, I'll be decorating the main hall for the haunted house that will be later that evening. After Aidan's party I'll head back to decorate for the night's festivities, (thankully Lainey has a playdate that afternoon who will even take her to her swim lesson). Then around 4:30 I have to get both kids and jaunt home to dress in full costume and return to school by 5:30 where Jason will meet us for Trunk or Treating. By 9pm we should be able to leave the place.

Oh, and on Saturday we have 2 other Halloween parties.

I can't believe when we moved here that I didn't bring many costumes and/or decorations for holidays. I really didn't think we'd have a social life here. I couldn't have been any wronger!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Fond memories, Christine!

Have fun with it!