Sunday, September 27, 2009

Alpabfahrt-otherwise know as a fancy cow parade...

...didn't happen for us this year. We planned to go yesterday to Engelberg to see the traditional cow parade and actually take some pictures this year. I remembered to charge up the video and still camera and we were all set. Until Lainey was up for a second night in a row with an ear infection.

The poor girl has a horrid ear infection. Thursday night at bed time she was complaining her ear hurt and had a bit of a fever. By 9pm she had waken up and was nearly inconsolable. She and I were up most of the night, and Motrin was just not cutting it. I took her to the doctor Friday morning. By then she was complaining her head and cheeks hurt too. The doctor said she's got a double infection and has blisters (!) on one of her eardrums. Poor thing! So he sent us off with antibiotic ear drops and some pain medicine that is stronger than Motrin. I'm a little convinced that it's some kind of narcotic because when Lainey is crying "my ear hurts, my ear hurts!" and I give her the pain medicine, within 5 minutes she's happy and giggling and silly. It's like she's high! Hopefully, it's OK...

So because of her feeling badly and not sleeping we decided not to go. So for your information, here's a link to someone else's blog, explaining what an "alpabfarht" is including pictures:
http://expatfiles.blogspot.com/2006/09/alpabfahrt.html

No comments: