So I've been doing the South Beach diet for a full week now. I've been really good! My only "cheat" has been a bit of milk in coffee a few times. I haven't eaten bread, rice, pasta, fruit, potato, sugar....it's been a l-o-n-g week. Jason's doing it, too. You have to do it as a team to keep each other on it. Last night watching the MSU game, we both wanted a beer so badly, it almost hurt! But, we kept each other out of the fridge! Go us!
However, being carb-free has turned me into a travel agent! I have to keep busy so I don't cheat and won't be crabby as I watch my kids eat pancakes for breakfast.
This week, I've booked a trip to Dublin in February (we're falling off the wagon to go to the Guiness Factory for sure!), made plans for my girls' trip to London with my neighbor (the week after Dublin), booked my mom's trips to London and Dublin for when she's here, planned the trip to Stockholm during Easter Break with Pattone and the kids, and booked one night in Munich with Pattone and kids! So many countries, so little time!
My next trip to plan is our Anniversary trip. Jason and I will be married 10 years (!) in July, so while my mom is here, we're going away for a trip by ourselves. A whole week sans kiddos! We're going somewhere the last week in April. I think we've narrowed it down to Tuscany or (my first choice) a Greek/Italian/Turkish cruise.
We didn't recently win the lottery or anything, it's just that you can find amazing deals to travel within Europe once you're here! We're flying to Dublin for $65 round trip and London for $100 round trip! I mean how can I afford NOT to go! Plus, "visiting Ireland" is something on my Life's To Do List (or Bucket List-for those who've seen the movie).
Moving to Zurich has been such an opportunity for us-in SO many ways. I was all for it when Jason was offered this assignment, but of course I was nervous when the time came to move. I'm SO glad we did this-to those of you who said you could or would never do this-DO IT if you ever get the chance! This international assignment has been a true gift. No way would we be able to see all these amazing places, do so many new things, and meet people from all over the world if we were still hanging out in Michigan. I've been able to cross 3 things off my Life's To Do List since moving here, and another is looking like a real possiblility in the future (going to Australia, consider I have a very good friend here who's from Melbourne!)
I'm loving life (even without carbs)!
Quest To Make It Through The Holidays
8 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment